[theme-reviewers] timthumb

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Nov 9 13:33:30 UTC 2010

That Post, and Justin's comment, were written before WordPress 2.9 was even
released. The comment to which you refer should hardly be taken as gospel
now, a full year hence.

Resizing and cropping are handled just fine by the WordPress core
functionality. If you need to regenerate previous Thumbnail sizes, try
the Regenerate
Thumbnails <http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/>plugin.
I can attest that it works just fine, as I often have to use it when
changing from Theme to Theme for reviews.

FYI, this post by Mark
Jaquith<http://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2009/12/23/new-in-wordpress-2-9-post-thumbnail-images/>,
also linked from that same Codex page, is considerably more instructive for
your custom-thumbnail-size needs.

Chip