[theme-reviewers] Trac tickets for review feedback

Joseph Scott joseph at automattic.com
Fri Jun 18 19:54:52 UTC 2010

As several people on the list mentioned, following theme feedback on
this list generated a fair bit of traffic that wasn't all that easy to
follow.

After some discussion on some alternatives I started in on the Trac
setup for WPORG themes - http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ - which any
one can browse, and any one with a WordPress.org account can
participate in.

It took some digging, but I was able to use the XML-RPC APIs for Trac
to create a new ticket for each theme that is uploaded, automatically.
 There's still plenty of things that I'd like to add to improve on it,
but it looks like it is better than what we'd had before, so I didn't
want to hold back on starting to use it.

There are various reports, like all active tickets -
https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/report/1
For those that want to follow everything that happens the timeline is
very helpful - https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/timeline

Most things in Trac have feeds, so it is easy to subscribe to updates.

There are a number of tickets in there now, so please feel free to
dive in and review items that are in there.  I'll be back porting the
existing theme directory review queue to make sure they all get
tickets.  I'll also be going through the feedback on the email list
and making sure those are all up to date.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org
http://josephscott.org/