[theme-reviewers] Goals and Process

Gavin Pearce GavinP at tbs.uk.com
Fri Jun 11 14:11:51 UTC 2010

Thanks for the feedback Tim, some great ideas with the how to format it.
I also agree with Devon earlier, though a PDF would be handy, somewhere
that responses can also be displayed to the original author would work
quicker.  A nice online app would be handy indeed.

With the rating system though - I feel that also the subjective items
should be a case of just simply pass/fail - largely because by their
very nature, subjective items are somewhat subjective (excuse the pun).

Is the theme widgetized as fully as possible?

Are comments displayed correctly?

On a scale of 1 - 5 would be very hard to judge consistently between
reviewers. What makes a widgetized theme a 4 rather than a 3 for
example? Also saying that, from past experience you'll also just end up
with a lot of 3's.

If a template has a MAJOR problem, it fails the review instantly.

If a template has a MINOR problem, we issue an advisory to the author to
make some changes, but continue to allow it.

If a template has more than X advisories, it also fails.

That way, a template that isn't fully widgetized will pass if that is
it's only problem, but a template that isn't fully widgetized, has
errors in the comment area, has formatting errors + others will fail.

Simple yes/no checklist is the way forward  think, especially in terms
of simplicity, consistency and quality, for both the theme authors, and
ourseleves.

Feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong though.  ;  )

Gav

/gavinpearce.com