[theme-reviewers] theme-reviewers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 29

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 04:37:58 UTC 2010

As a follow up to the parent theme being in the repository ...

Should not the parent theme meet or exceed all current requirements before
child themes can be uploaded for it? Granted this may be very difficult to
do for the existing bulk of the themes in the repository, but from a
specific go-forward date it may not be as difficult. For example, child
themes of Twenty Ten can be allowed as Twenty Ten passes all criteria for
being hosted in the repository, whereas a theme that has not been updated in
"years" would likely not pass current standards making the review of the
child theme near impossible to bear on its own merits.

Cais.