[theme-reviewers] TDC: W3C Validation and WordPress Shortcodes

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 00:06:09 UTC 2010

When I test for validation, I generally use a simpler page and not the full
generated content created by the index.php template file.

Especially given the known issues of [gallery] and other embedded objects, I
will test the "About" page for validity in most cases.

The CSS validator will usually just read the stylesheet and not the content,
and (X)HTML will for the most part be similar enough on a page of text as
any other view to see if it will validate.

Not accepting a theme because the test data will not validate just doesn't
add up to me, so to be quite honest I rarely test for full vaildation.

Cais.