[theme-reviewers] TDC: Clarification of Checklist Items

Ian Stewart ian at themeshaper.com
Thu Jul 1 20:41:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:26 AM,  <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> 2) Widgets: Is theme widgetized as fully as possible?
>
> What is the minimum standard? Is merely a widgetized sidebar.php
> acceptable? If multiple sidebars (columns, e.g. leftcolumn.php,
> rightcolumn.php) are included, must all be widgetized? Must other template
> parts be widgetized (e.g. footer.php)?

I think 1 widget area (be it a sidebar, header widget area or footer
widget area) and any hard-coded part of the theme that _should_ be a
widget area (think of a blogroll or tag cloud hard-coded into a
footer—should be a widget area) would be the minimum standard.

> 3) Widgets: Does the theme require custom widgets?

This could probably read, "Does this theme use custom widgets? Are
they working as expected"

--
Ian Stewart

http://ThemeShaper.com/