[theme-reviewers] Some qs about Black Queen 1.0 theme

Ford Mon fordmon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 18:01:39 UTC 2010

Hello, thank you all for your advices on improving the theme. I have
uploaded the new version of Black Queen with many fixed issues.

What is so special about my theme compared to hundreds of others? Well, I
always liked gorgeous minimalist designs and I decided to create something
close to it but with more customizalbe elements. So, the functional
difference in comparison with other minimalistic themes may be the custom
logo, featured images for the post preview, dropdown menus.

 I hope it will pass to the repository this time and I will devote myself to
the creation of the new themes. Cheers

*http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2370*

*
*

*Post date/time FIXED*

The theme should respect the user-selected date and time formats in the
bp_posted_on() function. Currently, the theme uses a custom format.

To get the user-selected date format:

get_the_time( get_option( 'date_format' ) );

To get the user-selected time format:

get_the_time( get_option( 'time_format' ) );

*

CSS Issues SOLVED

These issues need to be fixed:

   - Oversized images within posts aren't resized. They don't break the
   content, but they should be resized.
   - Galleries with more than three columns aren't shown correctly.
Test [gallery
   columns="4"] and it breaks the gallery.
   - Long gallery captions also break galleries.
   - Floated elements aren't cleared in the post content. This only seems to
   be the case when usingwp_link_pages().

*

*One column page template ADDED*

Recommendation: I think most users would expect the one column template to
expand to the full width of the page area. Currently, the content stays the
same width.

*Licensing ADDED*

Recommendation: add License and License URI to the style.css` file.

*Internationalization FIXED*

In footer.php, this can't be properly translated:

<?php _e('Powered by', 'black-queen'); ?> <a
href="http://wordpress.org" target="_blank">WordPress</a>

This would work better:

<?php printf( __( 'Powered by %s', 'black-queen' ), '<a
href="http://wordpress.org"

*Localization - New language: Polish  ADDED*
*
*
*
*