[theme-reviewers] Open Ticket Queue

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Aug 14 23:34:42 UTC 2010

Let's figure out how we're going to handle the open ticket queue from here on
out!

I know I've not been as active as I could hope to be, with respect to actual
theme reviews - but I will try to work on that. I don't know if I can commit
to one Theme per day (as with most others, this isn't what puts food on the
table), but a few a week is reasonable, I think.

We know that the overall goal is a tact time of one day per ticket. We seem to
be getting about 10 new tickets per day.

How many active theme reviewers do we have? If we knew that, we could figure
out the average work load.

Also, is there any way that we can expedite the process? Some ideas might be:

 - have one person do a quick review, for e.g. SEO/spam footer links, or other
common/egregious issues (just poking through, I found one such theme, and
closed the ticket).

 - as Philip suggested, can we revise the automated script, to check for more
criteria? (I would think that grepping for all/most of the functions/hooks
would bea  good candidate for such a script?)

Any other ideas?

I just went in and grabbed four Themes, more-or-less evenly spaced out in the
open ticket queue.  Perhaps others could do the same? That (or responding to
this email) might give an idea of how many active reviewers we have right now.

--
Chip Bennett
chip at chipbennett.net
www.chipbennett.net