[theme-reviewers] Theme review issues

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Aug 10 14:55:28 UTC 2010

The theme review documentation at
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review> states:

"Theme must include the following variables and functions in functions.php:

     * $content_width
<snip>
     * add_theme_support('menus’) "

The Codex page
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_nav_menu>

conversely states:
"This function automatically registers custom menu support for the theme
therefore you do not need to call add_theme_support( 'menus' );"

Yet I am having themes rejected because I am using register_nav_menu and
therefore am *not* incorporating add_theme_support('menus’).

Themes are also being rejected for failure to use $content_width in
favour of:

if ( !function_exists( 'theme_content_width' ) ) :
function theme_content_width() {
	$GLOBALS['content_width'] = 900;
}
endif;

*plus* multiple CSS max-width declarations on both containers and
specific elements (eg img & object).

I'm even getting comments about spelling licence in a filename with a
'c' instead of an 's' (the former being the correct UK spelling)!

I have about 8 themes in the Directory that I'm pretty desperate to
update with bug fixes but I'm being constantly knocked back. I'm all for
standardisation and quality but come on, guys... this is getting silly.

esmi
--
http://quirm.net
http://blackwidows.co.uk