[wp-hackers] CDATA in feeds : good or not - import-rss.php problem

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:28:29 GMT 2005

Hi,

Serendipity is a software that does not use CDATA to enclose content
with the <content:encoded> section in their feeds. So they encode
tags, like <br /> becomes &lt;br /&gt; in the <content:encoded>
section which contains the content of the post. I guess this is
neccessary to generate valid feeds without using CDATA.

With these feeds, import-rss.php imports the posts, with "<br />"
displayed as such in the posts.

Is this a bug with the importer?

If it is, then I will write up a patch with a function like the
unhtmlentities() function that is in import-rss.php, without the
array_flip() part.

Else, I will leave it alone.
Carthik.
--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net