[wp-hackers] Comments display contribution -- fuzzy on protocol

Brian Dupuis wordpress at coldforged.org
Wed Mar 2 18:45:11 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:

> Brian Dupuis wrote:
>
>>    So, I've modified the edit-comments.php form to display those spam
>> comments. They are displayed in a particularly malevolent shade of
>> red -- with alternating colors as is done for the standard colors --
>> to denote their spam status.
>

> We could allow review of spam comments, but I would highly prefer it
> be either hidden functionality or on a separate menu item. WordPress
> is meant to be a pleasant experience, I don't want people to have to
> see that crap every time they look at their comments.

That makes good sense to me, so I've created a version that provides an
additional option on the Discussion options page (under the "blacklist
open proxies" checkbox so it's relatively well-hidden) to allow display
of the spam comments and returning of spam comments in comment search
results. That version is available here:

http://www.coldforged.org/spam_comments2.zip

Thanks for the input. _IS_ this the best forum for this kind of
suggestion? Was there a better way for me to present it?