[wp-hackers] CVS: wordpress/wp-includes comment-functions.php, 1.17, 1.18 functions-formatting.php, 1.61, 1.62 vars.php, 1.44, 1.45

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 16:47:20 GMT 2005

Well, at the moment I'm a bit confused as to whether it can be easily
switched on and off or not. Matt said in the other nofollow thread
that it was all done by filters, so they could be easily removed, but
now some people in this thread are saying its not that simple. I guess
I'll have to check the latest copy out of CVS and give it a try,
unless someone can confirm that it is indeed just a filter.

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:33:59 +0100, Christoph Rummel
<bronski at bronski.net> wrote:

> On 22.01.2005, at 17:08, Robert Deaton wrote:
> > how about wrappering all the parts of the code that add rel="nofollow"
> > with an if(get_settings('use_nofollow') == 1) and adding a checkbox in
> > one of the options pages.
>
> Matt made it quite clear he doesn't want it to be an option, and I'm
> OK with that. I mean an option would be just what I want, yes, and
> even the timed nofollow-idea sounded good (to remove nofollow
> after a few days to give the siteadmin a chance to remove spam).
> But I admit if nofollow is switched on by default it is more likely to
> have an impact on comment spam. So if you don't want to jump
> on that train - use a plugin that removes nofollow, otherwise it is
> there to fight comment spam.
>
> Chris

--Robert Deaton
http://anothersadsong.com