[wp-hackers] CVS: wordpress/wp-includes comment-functions.php, 1.17, 1.18 functions-formatting.php, 1.61, 1.62 vars.php, 1.44, 1.45

Christoph Rummel bronski at bronski.net
Sat Jan 22 16:33:59 GMT 2005

On 22.01.2005, at 17:08, Robert Deaton wrote:
> how about wrappering all the parts of the code that add rel="nofollow"
> with an if(get_settings('use_nofollow') == 1) and adding a checkbox in
> one of the options pages.

Matt made it quite clear he doesn't want it to be an option, and I'm
OK with that. I mean an option would be just what I want, yes, and
even the timed nofollow-idea sounded good (to remove nofollow
after a few days to give the siteadmin a chance to remove spam).
But I admit if nofollow is switched on by default it is more likely to
have an impact on comment spam. So if you don't want to jump
on that train - use a plugin that removes nofollow, otherwise it is
there to fight comment spam.

Chris