[wp-hackers] OT: "Nofollow" Rant

Firas D. fd at firasd.org
Sat Jan 22 07:57:48 GMT 2005

Mark Jaquith wrote:

> Someone brought this up earlier, and it really gives you the best of
> both worlds.  All links in comments will have rel="nofollow" at
> first.  But if the comment is still there after X days, it gets removed.

That actually sounds like a great compromise. If there is an option
about nofollow, it should be about the delay in removal, with 0 turning
the attribute off.

The only way nofollow will work if it is on by default, out of the box,
until the admin changes something about it. Otherwise the search engines
would have handed us something on a silver platter that we turned down
to redraw the conventional battle lines.