[wp-hackers] A new $comment_type?

David Clark david at davidsaccess.com
Thu Jan 20 17:12:50 GMT 2005

Hi,

Right now, $comment_type can have  one of 3 values, comment, trackback,
or pingback. I would like a 4th for page_comments -- here's why:

Since there are now pages with comment forms, it is easy to do things
like feedback, suggestions, or contact. These are different from
comments because they are never displayed on the page -- they just are
for the author or blog admin.

I need a different type (I think) because these should always be
emailed (regardless of the modernization setting) and because there
needs to be a "thank you" type page on submission.

any thoughts on this?

dc