[wp-hackers] change number of posts displayed on the page

scriptygoddess scriptygoddess at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 12:57:33 GMT 2005

I'm trying to set it up so that a home page will show 8 posts - but my
category pages will show ALL posts in that category. It doesn't appear
as if anything built in will do what I need it to - so I guess I'll be
writing a hack or plugin to do this.

My question is though, is that I'm not really sure where to start.
What line (in which include) is determining the number of posts for
the page. (I did see a function with "posts_per_page" - but I couldn't
see where that's defined.

Does anyone have any ideas how to approach this?

-Jennifer