[wp-hackers] Plugin Repository

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Jan 14 14:23:06 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> This is for you guys, the hackers:
>
> http://wordpress.org/development/2005/01/the-wordpress-plugin-repository/

Is there an easy way to make downloadable builds from the repository?
Even though the repository is pretty cool for developers, regular users
really can't be expected to download each file individually.  I'll
happily test alpha.

I have certain files set to download daily from a repo into a temp
directory on my server, zip them, and then deploy the zip to a
predefined download location.  It would be useful to add this type of
functionality to Trac.  Something that would let you mark SVN
directories/files for archival and deployment would be super cool,
especially if you could opt to insert SVN revision information and Wiki
output into a file in the archive.  I'm just making a small wishlist for
the promised friendlier front-end, which certainly needs back-end TLC.

Owen