[wp-hackers] Backup Plug-in and WordPress Plug-In System - Was Re:" "

Jonathan Firestone jonathan.firestone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 22:28:23 GMT 2005

On 2/13/05 5:01 PM, "David Clark" <david at davidsaccess.com> wrote:

Clark, your responses are completely inappropriate, and altogether
insulting.  It would probably be a good idea for you to take this off
list if you have a personal problem with me, instead of saying things
like this on a *discussion* list of colleagues trying to actually work
together.

However if you (or anyone else) can't say something constructive,
don't bother.  Nothing you said below is even remotely like that.

That said, I'm responding and recommending a slight change with how
things are handled via mods and plug-ins to Wordpress.

Bottom line, I'm certainly looking for something more elegant than
what's currently there in terms of WordPress Plug-Ins and I don't see
any harm in wanting to improve on the model. I'm more than willing to
contribute to the cause with my own design and code -- but this bears
discussion first if the people who actually write WordPress are
amenable.

As for credentials, I design systems like this for a living for small
and large companies alike. I'd be happy to lend my product design
expertise to this project if I could. WordPress is an excellent
product just as it is. However, to presume it couldn't be even better
is shortsighted at best, and ignorance at worst.

> Jonathan,
>
> Do you have any idea what nonsensical, inaccurate, ill-informed bs you
> are spewing'?
> you do -- its called wp-content/plugins
..