[wp-hackers] Themes breaking plugins?

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 02:09:37 GMT 2005

So, with the new themes support in 1.5, I think that there is one
thing that we need to be aware of, and that is that certain
not-so-well designed themes will break some plugins. As long as there
are plugin hooks like wp_footer and wp_sidebar, we should be actively
letting theme developers know that they should be including these
hooks, and possibly have some sort of verification process where a
select group looks over themes and makes sure that they don't majorly
break anything (they have all the necessary plugin hooks, etc.) and
include a verified list of themes in the wiki. This way we can prevent
at least some of the problems that we may have support questions with
in the future about themes breaking plugins.