[wp-hackers] More anti-spam ideas

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 07:48:27 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 23:48, Alex King wrote:
> Interesting idea. On the point below, I don't know why you'd want to
> give the spammer any info that could help them circumvent this sort of
> measure.

Well they look at the code, that's how you write a spam script :) The
way I've done it, there's no way to get the hash by md5'ing values you
can find from the outside. It could be done on a brute force way: hash
index.php + a recursive list of all know plugin file names. But it would
be discouragement to the casual script buyer.
--
Cheers!
Kitty