[wp-hackers] More anti-spam ideas

C. Rummel rummel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 07:31:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 22:45:56 -0700, Kitty <kitty at mookitty.co.uk> wrote:
> In the attached patch, I create a hash by using the list of activated
> plugins joined with the file hash of index.php. This should be
> sufficiently unique across blogs that a spammer couldn't get the hash
> from outside.

I think using a constant hash, as hashing index.php, is something
spammers could figure out.

Actually with 1.3, where index.php itself is much smaller because of
inclusions of sidebar, header and footer, the hacker can't get the
real index.php to create a hash, so it should be OK.

But a flexible alternative like hashing the last comment or the last
post would be better, I think. This way the hash changes all the time
and is much harder to guess.

Just my 0.2 $...

Chris