[wp-hackers] streaming and downloadable audio

ayj & j yllyn at clear.net.nz
Wed Sep 15 06:17:53 UTC 2004

There was some discussion about this a while back. Has anyone taken it
further. My own personal needs are to be able to provide a link that
delivers audio - either as a stream or as download, at say 16 kb/s,
compressed with a speech codec eg ACELP. It is very easy to do using wma
files and windows media player but I do not want to be locked into that.

Andrew

PS to give another response on the subject of this mailing list, I find it a
valuable to belong despite not contributing much or often. Perhaps it can
also be seen as some peoples learning process towards an objective of being
able to contribute more in the future.