[wp-hackers] Themes support

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Sep 14 06:01:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 01:17 +0100, Allan Mertner wrote:
> Is anyone working on finishing off the theme support?  As far as I can
> tell, the code to do the amdin work is there, but only the stylesheet is
> loaded from the template dir - other files are not (yet).

It's all in there.  I have Kubrick and some other things running as
themes.

> It looks like we need a functions-templates.php in wp-includes that
> allows for easy access to some of the template settings, and then an
> update to index, sidebar, etc to load the appropriate file based on
> template settings.

index, sidebar, etc. don't need updates.  Templates are loaded through
the blog header.

If you want to see Kubrick as a theme, download this:

http://fuzzybelly.org/testbed/kubrick-theme.tar.gz

Create a wp-content/themes directory and untar this in there.   This
will create a "kubrick" directory.  Select "Kubrick" in the theme
manager and you're ready to go.

You'll need an up-to-date CVS.

Ryan