[wp-hackers] Suggestion: Change the call to the_content in index.php

Allan Mertner amwp at mertner.com
Sun Sep 12 00:13:15 UTC 2004

Hi again,

I use a plugin that adds a word count to the "more" section of a post.
In order to find this text, the plugin relies on a the more link text
being in a variable $more_link_text; I think this is a good idea.

To do it, I would like to suggest that we change this part of index.php from

        <?php the_content(__('(more...)')); ?>

        <?php $more_link_text='(more...)';
        the_content($more_link_text);?>

The function of this is the same, but it allows the "more" text to be
captured and modified by a plugin without hardcoding the string twice.

Thanks,
Allan