[wp-hackers] wp-layout.css

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Sat Sep 11 03:11:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 18:27, Craig Hartel wrote:
> A suggestion was brought up on the forums about the wp-layout.css file in 1.3x.
> While the user applauded having wp-header, wp-footer, and wp-sidebar PHP files
> for ease of upgrading, the suggestion was that something should be done to
> prevent the CSS file from being overwritten during an upgrade.
>
> Here's the thread if you are interested: http://wordpress.org/support/4/12682
>
> My suggestion to this would be to simply change the name of wp-layout.css to
> wp-layout-sample.css and then make sure that instructions tell people to copy
> this file and rename it to wp-layout.css for use. Is this too much to ask of
> users? We expect it with wp-config-sample.php, so perhaps this isn't a stretch?

Actually we should do what we do with wp-header/wp-sidebar/wp-footer,
check for a file named layout.css if there use it, if not use
wp-layout.css, so a user style sheet isn't over written.

For those not upto speed, files named header.php/sidebar.php/footer.php
are now can be used in 1.3 as user files that won't get upgraded.
--
Cheers!
Kitty