[wp-hackers] 1.3a2 CVS

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 22:37:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 15:27, Chris Coggburn wrote:
> Tara Star wrote:
> > David Chait wrote:
> >
> >> Gee, figure it's time to throw in my 2c! ;)
> >>
> >> I'm with Sebastian.  Overall, for the average user, a single file to
> >> edit is
> >> a FEATURE, not a bug to be fixed.
> >>

> > this is how I would see things too.
> Yeah, having to edit five files would really eerk me. I like the way it
> is now and really don't see anybody complaining about the other way.
> Sure it could be added...but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Don't forget that *right now* in CVS index.php includes wp-footer.php by
default. This has been done, and will be in 1.3, the monolithic
index.php is dead from here on out. Dropping in a monolithic index.php
will work just fine, and in that case, wp-footer.php will be ignored.

I just proposed breaking into one more logical piece, based on the
current structure. Not a 1.2 reference.
--
Cheers!
Kitty