[wp-hackers] 1.3a2 CVS

Tor Bjornrud bjornrud at msu.edu
Mon Sep 6 15:24:24 UTC 2004

FWIW, I have to disagree that multiple files are something that should
be done in the template.
It's my experience that people instinctively understand how to read and
edit a file, and switching into separate files doesn't *really* make it
easier because the user still has to read original files looking for
the includes, and hopefully they'll understand the
/pathing/syntax/tofindtheirfile.  Is it absolute, relative, what?

I spent the other day in #wordpress for a half an hour helping someone
just use require() and include() because they didn't understand how
they worked or the folder layout.  While you and I understand that / is
a folder, many people just see it as part of the blob they need to put
in the url to access what they want.

In templating, I see the user getting their eyeballs dirty on php code
as an eventuality. If we want to make  it more user-friendly, I think
we should continue to adhere to function calls with sensible names and
little/no arguments.

Your Mileage May Vary.
~Tor