[wp-hackers] Site URL change 'bug'?

Murray at PlanetThoughtful lists at planetthoughtful.org
Mon Oct 25 17:49:22 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Is anyone looking at the 'bug' where the "WordPress address" (Options >
General) is periodically and 'spontaneously' changed to another value?

This is referenced by several users, including myself, here:

http://wordpress.org/support/3/14987

I ask, because three times in the last 2 days the value in my WordPress
address field has changed, without my intervention.

Twice from http://www.planetthoughtful.org
<http://www.planetthoughtful.org/>  to http://www.planetthoughtful.com
<http://www.planetthoughtful.com/> , and once from
http://www.planetthoughtful.org <http://www.planetthoughtful.org/>  to
http://planetthoughtful.org <http://planetthoughtful.org/> .

The major symptom, in my installation, is that when this happens I lose the
ability to see the 'Edit this' link, and also my logged-in users lose the
ability to rate posts, which relies on being able to verify that the user is
logged in.

If anyone has any suggestions of how I can further diagnose this problem, or
would like me to run test code etc, please let me know.

Much warmth,

Murray

 <http://www.planetthoughtful.org/> http://www.planetthoughtful.org

Building a thoughtful planet,