[wp-hackers] Plugin DB and RSS Feed...

rmanalan.2869544 at bloglines.com rmanalan.2869544 at bloglines.com
Mon Oct 25 16:03:18 UTC 2004

Is this going to be the "WordPress Team" supported/endorsed plugin repository?
 I'm a bit reluctant to post my plugins there unless I get word from someone
on the WP team supporting or endorsing this repository.  Otherwise, what's
stopping someone else from creating yet another repository.

- Rich

---

Just a small reminder regarding the Plugin DB...

now: http://unknowngenius.com/wp-plugins/

> However it's still a far cry
from an exhaustive repository, which is

> too bad, since it draws quite
a few users, presumably eager to try your

> plugins.

> I know how
it is and I am aware that, once one finishes a plugin or any

> piece of
code, it's always a drag to go back and do something more on

> top. But
it's really quite stupid to commit time and effort to

> something and not
give it the exposure it could get, helping new users

> get features they
want along the way.

> It also seems that a few people are reluctant to let
their plugins be

> presented anywhere else than on their own blog... which
is their

> right... but I'd like to point out that the system allows developers

> handle their accounts/plugin descriptions etc. on their own. The DB

> only holds the text they provide and links to their website, so if

> traffic is a concern to you, you should realize that it will definitely

> bring more people to your site than it would take away.

> In other
news, there is also an RSS feed with the latest release and

> updates:

> http://unknowngenius.com/wp-plugins/rss2.php

> For all the details,
you can check out this entry:

> http://unknowngenius.com/blog/archives/2004/10/20/plugin-database-

> update-v-12/

> And do not hesitate to contact me regarding features,
bugs, comments

> etc.

> PS: I am not particularly enthusiastic about
the current Layout/CSS ,

> however I have only limited time to spend on
this project, and prefer

> to focus on backend development at the moment.
Though not perfect, it

> is perfectly functional and will remain that way
until somebody has