[wp-hackers] Hello Dolly

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Oct 24 06:06:21 UTC 2004

Kitty wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 22:31, Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
>

>>Yeah plugins now run on the plugins page as well.
>>

>Haven't borked a plugin lately, eh?

This could be dangerous.  People often copy/paste a plugin with spaces
before <?php or after ?> and this can lead to their plugin page being
inaccessible.  The only way to fix it right now, AFAIK, is to go into
the database, and manually remove the problem plugin from the active
plugins field.  Why don't we make a "wp-emergency-plugins.php" page that
is a barebones page that isn't affected by any plugins and (after
checking user level), allows the user to deactivate problem plugins?