[wp-hackers] static pages status?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Oct 22 17:28:19 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 13:14 -0400, Dougal Campbell wrote:
> Trevor Turk wrote:
> > Is this feature in the current cvs? It would be
> > fantastic for what I'm trying to do. Right now I'm
> > making a category and a post in that category for the
> > navigation menu to be built. Then, I have it set so
> > only one post per category is shown on the category
> > pages. I don't know if there is a better way to do it
> > right now, but the feature you're talking about would
> > hit the nail on the proverbial head.
> >
> > Trevor
>
> Yes, it's working pretty well at the moment. I'm using it on my site for
> some stand-alone pages. Look at the pages under the "Dougal's Stuff"
> menu. With the exception of the "Contact" page, those are all handled by
> WP under Manage/Pages.

The same with me.  The pages in the list at top of the right-hand
sidebar of my site are all done with the Page support and are listed
with wp_list_pages().  I've incorporated page support and a couple of
page templates for archives and links listings in my port of Kubrick to
1.3, if you want to play.  http://boren.nu/wordpress/

Anyway, we're dogfooding this and finding that it is working well enough
for us.

Ryan