[wp-hackers] comments not working

Bjorn Wijers mailings at bdisfunctional.net
Wed Oct 20 21:49:02 UTC 2004

He guys (m/f),

I`m really tearing my hair out on this one.

I installed a blog sometime ago and it was working perfectly fine. Then
suddenly the comments were not working anymore. So I tried it myself
with multiple browsers and even when the fields are all populated the
error for not filling in the fields comes up: "Error. Please type a
comment".

I tried to echo back the info from the $_POST var (in the
wp-comments.php) and nothing comes up. I`m still (for now) using WP1.2
(due to politics...blabla) and know my way around PHP. The only thing I
can think of is that the sysadmin (which I`m not) has changed someting
in the PHP install or php.ini.

Has anyone got a clue what this could be or perhaps what kind of option
in the php.ini could have caused this?? It seems to be a rather weird
bug and in my view rather significant. I`d love to fix this little bugger.

grtz
BjornW *with now even less hair*