[wp-hackers] The menu-system in wp 1.3

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Oct 19 14:14:11 UTC 2004

Actually, this is an interesting point.

I've MANY times requested admin access from people trying to use my plugins
and having problems.  9 times out of 10, I can debug and get it working, no
problems.  But then there's that one time where I add some debugging code
somewhere, and breaks the site AND the admin panel.

It might be nice if WP had some kind of 'failsafe' page, that loads up free
of plugin cruft -- or alternate method for temporarily disabling all plugins
(I say temporarily meaning that it'd be nice if an extra flag was thrown
into the system which just global-disabled plugins, and then turn the flag
off to resume normal operations).

Just a thought, while people are thinking about how much fun and trouble
plugins can be. ;)

-d