[wp-hackers] Will upgrading 1.2 DB to 1.3 break it for 1.2?

Dennis Williamson dennis at netstrata.com
Sat Oct 16 12:19:27 UTC 2004

You're talking about using 1.3 and 1.2 side-by-side? Or being able to
revert to 1.2 if you have problems with 1.3?

If the former, I've got 1.2, 1.2.1 and 1.3 test installations running in
different tables in the same db using different prefixes without upgrading
the db. Granted, they're not getting heavy or thorough testing right now,
but I haven't seen any db problems so far. You could dup the tables with
different prefixes and upgrade just the new ones (after a backup) if you
want to start the test with some data in place, but you don't want users
confusing the two. Would that work (duplicate and upgrade)? Anyone?

If you want to be able to revert to 1.2 (or have some other data/software
setup <shudder>), I don't know.

In any case, backup, backup, backup!

Dennis