[wp-hackers] Will upgrading 1.2 DB to 1.3 break it for 1.2?

Luc Saint-Elie luc at saint-elie.com
Sat Oct 16 10:26:35 UTC 2004

At 12:18 +0200 16/10/04, Michael Heilemann wrote:
>Oy oy, you lucky people!
>
>I'm slowly making my way towards upgrading Binary Bonsai
>(http://binarybonsai.com/) to 1.3a, and so far it's all on my local
>server.
>
>And since I would like to put it online for testing, I'm wondering
>if upgrading my current 1.2 database to 1.3, so as to work with the
>1.3a test setup, will break it for use with the current installation
>of 1.2 on the server?

Hello Mike

Quick answer : I don't know

Longer one :
- 1.3alpha4 works pretty well with Kubrick 1.3.0rc2 (see for example
my weblog  http://blog.saint-elie.com it's a 1.3alpha4 with Kubrick
the design is not finished (kubrick is in standard form))
- If you're afraid just dump your 1.2  mysql database, upgrade it to
1.3 (upgrade script works perfectly well) try it and if step back
causes problem reload the previous dump

By the way, congratulation for your template, it"s very clean , neat,
nice and cool

Luc
--
Luc Saint-Elie  Journaliste