[wp-hackers] Enclosures for WordPress 1.3

Bernard Flach bernard.flach at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 13:51:01 UTC 2004

This option does not describe the right mime-type  within the enclosure-tag.
The most used is MP3, but there could be a document enclosed or an avi-file ...
How do you handle this ?

Bernard
www.bernardflach.com

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:47:54 -0400, Owen Winkler
<ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> Donncha O Caoimh wrote:
>
> > There's a few things to do before I put it into CVS, and we need to
> > decide on the edit-form interface:
>
> > 2. Matt's suggestion was to run through all the URLs in a post and
> > create enclosures from them all. This has the advantage that all the
> > linked content in a post can be downloaded by a client and browsed at
> > leisure.
>
> I like Option 2 because it doesn't require any extra work to create
> enclosures.  But is this restricted to local URLs or by file type?  I
> don't think I necessarily want to enclose other peoples' sites/pages,
> but I might still like the option to enclose audio that I've put on
> another server to conserve local bandwidth.
>
> Perhaps an interface can produce a checklist of links used in the post
> body for possible inclusion as enclosures (check the box to include)?
>
> Also, I need a plugin hook on this to integrate files managed by my
> photo plugin.  I can give users the option to include photos from a post
> (not linked in the post itself, but displayed by the plugin) as
> enclosures in the feed.  Some hook like "add_enclosure" that returns a
> CR-separated list of URLs for the PostID parameter would work nicely.
>
> Owen

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,
   Bernard Flach
   www.bernardflach.com