[wp-hackers] WP Plugin Manager

Tor Bjornrud bjornrud at msu.edu
Thu Oct 7 01:29:16 UTC 2004

> Every comments/suggestions most welcome *except* if they are to tell
> me how one-click installs are a security issues and why you do not
> want your wp-content/plugins folders to be writable

First off, it's great to see some progress in this area.  Having a
method to find plugins is invaluable to the WP community.  Great work
so far.

I would very much appreciate if the license type were part of the data
collected about the plugins.  From a personal perspective, I won't use
plugins that don't have an explicit license history with them.  I also
know that many people have issues if a WordPress plugin is released as
non-GPL, something that arguably EVERY plugin for WordPress must be
released under, as they make function calls between one another.

I guess it's very important to me  and perhaps other people, because of
the fact that I wish to stay away from these plugins that are in grey
territory.

Best,
~Tor