[wp-hackers] Category-Specific Email Notification Plugin

Danny Dawson quasistoic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:16:54 UTC 2004

I've already emailed Brian Groce about this, but I thought it might be
helpful to ask the hacker community as well.

I'm trying to set up wordpress as a CMS for a small community, and one
of the categories I've set up is a "News" category that I expect to be
infrequently updated.  Now, it's important that people are emailed
when a new News item gets posted, but I don't want to bother everyone
with email notification for all the other posts, which, for the most
part, no one needs to hear about.

Brian has authored an Email Notification Plugin which notifies a list
of users when a new blog post is published:
http://www.briangroce.com/software/wp-email-notification.html

How difficult would it be to modify this plugin to be category-specific?

Thanks,
-Danny
--
Danny Dawson