[wp-hackers] From email strange

scriptygoddess scriptygoddess at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 01:56:29 UTC 2004

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I was trying to
figure out why my trackback notifications and comment notifications
were coming in with the from address kind of weird. I found this line
in functions.php and it doesn't make sense to me:

$from = "From: \"$blogname\" <wordpress@" . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . '>';

For me - that ends up translating to wordpress@(mysubdomain).(mymaindomain).com
(since my blogs are subdomains of a maindoamin)

Just curious what the rationale was for doing that as opposed to
making it simply from the admin ( ie. get_settings("admin_email") -
since wp_notify_moderator works that way...? It seems strange to me
that that is hardcoded with "servername" and not configurable in a
setting somewhere...

-Jenn