[wp-hackers] Nightly build generation

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 03:58:28 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 19:33, Robert Deaton wrote:
> Why not just have the cron job check a copy out of anonymous CVS and

CVS export, that way the CVSROOT dirs aren't included.

> tar/zip it up and move it to the proper directory. You might even host
> the nightlies directory off of the main wordpress server (if the main

#!/bin/sh
# not tested, just off the top of my head:
# assumes dirs in place, CVS login works, scp working
BUILD_DATE=date '+%Y-%m-%d'
cd /tmp/build-nightly && rm -rf *; # don't want to rm unless in dir
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cafelog export
wordpress
tar -czf wordpress-$BUILD_DATE.tar.gz wordpress/
zip -r wordpress-$BUILD_DATE wordpress/
echo "$BUILD_DATE nightly created" | mail -s "Nightly build status
report" matt at example.com
scp wordpress-.* admin at wordpress.org:/nightly/

--
Cheers,		     Blog: http://blog.mookitty.co.uk