[wp-hackers] Comment spam floods?

Mike Little journalized at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:03:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:47:07 +0000, Alistair Young
<alistair at smo.uhi.ac.uk> wrote:
> yes. the posts are ok - I put the original wp-comments.php back and
> they appeared again! No idea why the new wp-comments.php would stop
> index.php from displaying posts after the first. I have one
> modification in index.php - it only displays the excerpt of posts
> rather than the whole text - keeps the front page neat.
> Can't see how that would cause posts to disappear though.
> It's not impossible - it really does happen - new wp-comments.php
> causes only the first post excerpt to be displayed, honest :)
> Alistair

That would explain it. The updated file Ryan referred to was
wp-comments-post.php not wp-comments.php

If you access the following link in your browser (it should be all one line)

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/cafelog/wordpress/wp-comments-post.php?rev=1.11.4.4

Then save the resultant page and upload to your wp directory you should be ok.

Hope this helps,

Mike
--
Mike Little