[wp-hackers] Comment spam floods?

Alistair Young alistair at smo.uhi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 29 10:47:07 UTC 2004

yes. the posts are ok - I put the original wp-comments.php back and
they appeared again! No idea why the new wp-comments.php would stop
index.php from displaying posts after the first. I have one
modification in index.php - it only displays the excerpt of posts
rather than the whole text - keeps the front page neat.
Can't see how that would cause posts to disappear though.
It's not impossible - it really does happen - new wp-comments.php
causes only the first post excerpt to be displayed, honest :)
Alistair