[wp-hackers] WP frontend rewrite

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 17:09:11 UTC 2004

I would be interested in trying it, if it was not for 1.2.x
How much of a speed increase is there by the way?

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:21:59 +0100, Ludovico Magnocavallo
<ludo at asiatica.org> wrote:
> I have rewritten from scratch a new frontend that uses WP's
> administrative console and database tables. Major features are:
>
> * speed
> * clear separation between code and layout
> * few lines of code
> * comment antispam integration (a rewrite of Spaminator)
>
> It has its limitations of course, but I've been using it on a couple of
> sites for a week and it seems to work pretty well.
>
> I am interested in your thoughts and comments on this thing. You can
> download a (very) alpha version at
>
> http://www.qix.it/~ludo/wpff/
>
> If you choose to try it, keep in mind there's no documentation, and no
> setup assistance. You have to manually edit a few constants and
> variables in config.php and possibly the included .htaccess file.
>
> Ludo

--Robert Deaton
http://false-hopes.com/
A proud Linux, Firefox, and WordPress user.
Linux is not an operating system, its a way of life.