[wp-hackers] WP frontend rewrite

Ludovico Magnocavallo ludo at asiatica.org
Sun Nov 28 16:21:59 UTC 2004

I have rewritten from scratch a new frontend that uses WP's
administrative console and database tables. Major features are:

* speed
* clear separation between code and layout
* few lines of code
* comment antispam integration (a rewrite of Spaminator)

It has its limitations of course, but I've been using it on a couple of
sites for a week and it seems to work pretty well.

I am interested in your thoughts and comments on this thing. You can
download a (very) alpha version at

http://www.qix.it/~ludo/wpff/

If you choose to try it, keep in mind there's no documentation, and no
setup assistance. You have to manually edit a few constants and
variables in config.php and possibly the included .htaccess file.

Ludo