[wp-hackers] Slowness in posting/editing in 1.3a4

Ryan Duff ryan at duff-duff.net
Thu Nov 25 15:33:26 UTC 2004

Owen Wrote:

>I've had this problem in 1.3, and my first thought after pingbacks for a
culprit was enclosures.  I'm sure that I'm
>totally off-base in pointing the finger at it, but it does fundamentally
the same thing as pingback with a little extra
>work to check the content type and store the enclosure data.  A nice little
checkbox on the post form labeled "Detect
>enclosures" could avoid this problem.

>Of course, this only applies to 1.3 and posts that link to external things,
and is probably all in my imagination.

There's an option for this on the options>discussion page.
"Attempt to notify any Weblogs linked to from the article (slows down
posting.)"

That seems like it might be a logical place to start.

Ryan Duff
http://www.duff-duff.net