[wp-hackers] require & include question!

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 19:38:25 UTC 2004

The constant ABSPATH in wordpress points to the directory that
wordpress is installed in. So, if you wanted to add the folder in
wp-includes, you could do an include/require call like this:

include(ABSPATH . 'wp-includes/PEAR/' . $filetoinclude);

where $filetoinclude is the name of the file you want to include or
require. Also, if you just wanted to throw them in a subdirectory of
the plugins directory, you could do :

$curpath = dirname(__FILE__).'/';

and then use
require($curpath . 'PEAR/' . $filetoinclude)

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:54:56 +0200, Ammar Ibrahim <ammar at gnuix.com> wrote:
> I'm writing a revolutionary plugin for wordpress, it should eliminate spam.
>
> Now I came across a problem, I need to use a couple of PEAR packages.
> The best Method for me is to add those files that I need to some
> directory that should have all the includes.
>
> now when I try to include any file, it seems that wordpress doesn't set
> the include path. So what's the best way to do it? Where do I put my
> files? (wp-content) or (wp-includes)? How do I configure 'include_path'
> in wordpress
>
> Regards,
>     Ammar Ibrahim

--Robert Deaton
http://false-hopes.com/
A proud Linux, Firefox, and WordPress user.
Linux is not an operating system, its a way of life.