[wp-hackers] Spamming non-existent posts

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 04:48:03 UTC 2004

I read the following at the forums:
"well, spammers can't spam posts that don't exist in mt. in wp, they
have a field day hitting new wp users."[1]

I think charle97 is referring to the fact that spammers can leave
comments for incremental post ids.

It would be good check if a post with the specified id exists before
inserting the comment into the db. I am thinking this should be done
through a modification of the core. Just a note.

Carthik.

[1]:http://wordpress.org/support/4/16480#post-94959

--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net