[wp-hackers] offline bloggin [OT]

Michael Leuchtenburg michael at slashhome.org
Sat Nov 6 21:15:14 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 02:02:26PM -0700, Alex King wrote:
> It's true that mailing lists may be more active, but when they get
> abused (off-topic posts for example) the signal to noise ratio reduces
> the effectiveness of the list and will cause people to unsubscribe.
> Please respect the topic of the list, and feel free to start an
> additional list (or lists) to discuss other topics.

I have to agree with the original poster that mailing lists are much
superior to message boards. I think it would be very useful if WordPress
had an official users mailing list.

Seeing as this mailing list is being run on Mailman, it would be pretty
easy to just create one. Hopefully this would help get a lot of the
off-topic traffic off of the hackers list.

--
Michael Leuchtenburg
http://slashhome.org/