[wp-hackers] Combined template editor

ddaulton at ursastudios.com ddaulton at ursastudios.com
Wed Nov 3 04:04:07 UTC 2004

Matt,

This sounds really good.  Giving the average user the ability to create a
complete HTML template and then upload it as one file is a great boon for folks
with design skills but no real understanding of PHP.

That said, I see one potential problem.  I assume the comment tags are meant
mark the beginning/end of a file to be created by the back end.  Some less tech
savvy users will not understand this.  So, there will need to be an error
checker that throws back a specific error message (perhaps with a link to an
explanatory FAQ) to the user if the comments are not present or ill-formated.
Else, we'll get a lot of push back.

Does that make sense?

Doug