[wp-hackers] Comment form plugin hook request

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Tue Nov 2 22:12:41 UTC 2004

I want to drop content inside the comment form.  This could be used to
insert additional hidden fields, captcha-style devices, notices of
comment policy based on active plugins, etc.  It would be very helpful
for writing plugins that deal with comment spam issues so that users
need not modify their own files.

I've been hesitant to request this since it's technically a file that
can be replaced using templating, so the hook isn't necessarily "permanent".

Any thoughts?

Also, I've made a small change to a query in my
template-functions-comment.php that makes comments appear to have been
accepted to the user who submitted it (based on IP), even if they've
gone to moderation.  This obviates a "your comment was moderated"
message.  Useful?  Want patch?

Owen